Tropican Alternative Granules for Parrots 4 lb
Alternative formula for Parrots is an excellent soy-free diet that is rich in peas and quinoa as alternative sources of high quality protein. Peas are a premium source of protein due to their high digestibility score and they provide a great complementary amino acid profile when combined with the other plant derived proteins (wheat, rice) that are found in the Alternative Formula. Since Tropican incorporates vitamins and minerals, a vitamin supplement is not needed.
Tasty ingredients present in the Alternative Formula include pumpkin seeds, maple sugar, cranberries and sweet potato. The bentonite clay (montmorillonite) found within the Alternative Formula is effective and powerful in aiding Parrots who are diet challenged. Another special ingredient found is marigold, a source of lutein for the maintenance of good eye health, making this a great diet for senior parrots.
Tropican extruded granules break cleanly and do not explode into fine powder like pellets do, leading to significantly less waste. Tropican morsels are hard and dense contributing to a healthier beak as well. The extruded 4 mm granules are sized to be eaten easily, and are recommended for Caiques, Pionus, Amazons, Macaws, Cockatoos and African Greys.
Tropican Formulas all undergo rigorous 3-stage testing. This process ensures that every bag of food is safe, dependable and top quality bird food for your treasured feathered companions.
Key Features :
- Highly Suitable for Parrots who are diet challenged, adult, senior, requiring lower protein and fat content (versus high Performance formula)
- Alternate protein sources: pea and quinoa
- Formulated with no soy or corn
- Contains wheat germ oil, a rich source of vitamin E for healthy skin
- Full of natural antioxidants
- Higher amount of Bentonite clay for excellent digestive health
- Higher source of omega 3, 6 and Beta-carotene
- Contains no artificial preservatives, colors and flavors